2016 – The Year of the Lord’s Favour
A word from Senior Pastor Kudzi Mawire.
The Lord impressed upon my heart Luke 4:17-21 and specifically verse 19:
17 And He was handed the book of the prophet Isaiah. And when He had opened the book, He found the place where it was written: 18 “The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me, Because He has anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; He has sent me to heal the broken-hearted, To proclaim liberty to the captives And recovery of sight to the blind, To set at liberty those who are oppressed; 19 To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord (the year of the Lord’s favour).” 20 Then He closed the book, and gave it back to the attendant and sat down. And the eyes of all who were in the synagogue were fixed on Him. 21 And He began to say to them, “Today this Scripture is fulfilled in your hearing.”
Jesus declared that this prophecy was fulfilled on the day he read the scripture, over two thousand years ago. That is to say that the reality of this prophecy is for you and me even today.
Some of these benefits awaiting us are as follows:
- Gospel (Good News) to the poor – no more poverty: employment, thriving businesses, God’s provision, etc.
- Heal the broken-hearted – restoration and healing (emotional, relationships, family, recovery from failures), etc.
- Liberty to the captives – freedom from limitations (financial, relational, emotional, physical), etc.
- Recovery of sight to the blind – physical, fresh revelation knowledge of God, our identity, ability and possessions in Christ
- Liberty those who are oppressed – physical, emotional, spiritual, etc.
- The acceptable year of the Lord – manifestation of the favour of God all areas of life
A shadow of this reality was provided for us in Leviticus 25:1-55, which explains what happened during the year of Jubilee (the year of the Lord’s favour):
- Possessions were returned to the rightful owners
- Release from oppressions
- Mortgages and debt were cancelled
- Families were reunited
I declare that the favour of the Lord is upon your life and this year and going forward shall be Jubilee for us both. As we continue to trust God and respond to His grace in faith, we shall overflow. You are a testimony about to manifest. You are blessed. I am praying for you.
A little one shall become a thousand, And a small one a strong nation. I, the Lord, will hasten it in its time.